There will be five winter SALC workshops this month that are open to staff and students!
- Food idioms (Wed January 21st)
- Using anime to improve pronunciation (Wed January 21st)
- improving pronunciation with English songs (Fri January 23rd)
- Motivation (Fri January 23rd)
- Using movies to practice English! (Tue January 27th)
See more details here: http://elisalc.org/workshops/
You can sign up here http://www.supersaas.com/schedule/SALC_KUIS/SALC_Workshops
The students are trialling a “Student Help Desk” this week to try to answer SALC users’ questions either in English or Japanese. Feel free to drop by and ask for something.
Edited by Paul Collett and Kristen Sullivan featuring papers by Garold Murray, Yoshiyuki Nakata, and KUIS colleagues Sakae Onoda, Caroline Hutchinson, and Katherine Thornton.
Full text available: http://sisaljournal.org/archives/dec14/